To create Open Educational Resources for Teaching and Learning Second Languages which can be reused, modified, and shared and that provide unconstrained materials for the benefit and the enjoyment of others.
Books4Languages are very keen to develop all our learning resources alongside the lecturers and students who will be using them when they are launched. We are always looking for reviewers to provide feedback and advice on products at any and all of the following stages, to ensure that our content meets intended learner outcomes:
- Speeling mistakes.
- Better and more adequate examples.
- Grammatical mistakes or improvements.
- Content review.
If you are interested in being involved in any of these types of reviewing, please register in any book and follow the indications of the review button in the bottom of the pages you would like to review.
If you allready are a teacher, why not to be the autor of your textbook?
- Translate the content is one of the easiest ways to get started.
- Make an adaptation of a language textbooks to a specifical target.
Our Content is covered by our Basic License (share). If you are an Author and the Content is going to be free to the end-user then an Extended License (share and adapt) is what you need. An Editorial License (share and adapt) is required if the end-user must pay to use the finish Content.
If you need more information about our licenses, go here.
If you require a License, go here.
We are a global community working together to create and share Open Educational Resources (OER). Here you’ll find people, processes, and tools to support your publishing efforts. You can use this platform to:
- Start a second language open textbook project
- Make an adaptation of a current language textbooks to a specifical target
- Translate an existing textbook in a new language
- Give and receive guidance on publishing open textbooks
- Post and respond to calls for contributors, and
- Connect with global communities that are changing the world through Open Education.
We are making books to build communities, and building communities to make books. Join us!
We have a detailed handbook to help contributors learn how to work with the books.
If you have any question related to your contributions to Books4Languages, just mail us.
How the Subscriptors or Books4Lanuages will use the licenses and other information about IP, commercial use and fair use.
Why is a good idea to adapt an Open Textbook, which types of adaptations are possible and how to do it.
Which are the available roles, which options are enable at Chapters/Parts or wich options from the interface have acces to.